Kathy Engel’s poetry collection, The Lost Brother Alphabet (Get Fresh Books, 2020) is both ode and elegy, a song of grief and the tenacity of love made into the living and feeling word.
I found it hard not to straight-out weep reading The Lost Brother Alphabet, both for the sorrow flowing through it and for the beauty and buoyancy of its language, and the gladness of how fully alive it is – in every dancing phrase, in every bit of tribute to tenderness and justice.Alicia Ostriker, New York State Poet Laureate, author of Waiting for the Light
Advanced copies of The Lost Brother Alphabet can be pre-ordered here.
These dates will be changed and updated regularly in accordance with safety needs in the time of Covid-19.
- Thursday June 4, 6-8pm: Launch and celebration at Poet’s House, New York. Kathy will be joined in reading by Grace Aneiza Ali, Cheryl Boyce Taylor, Nathalie Handal & Yesenia Montilla.
- Saturday April 4, 5pm: Reading at Canio’s Books, Sag Harbor, NY. POSTPONED, DATE TBC.
- Thursday April 9, 6:30 – 8:30pm: Reading at Cambridge Public Library, MA. POSTPONED, DATE TBC.
- Wednesday May 27, 6pm: Reading at Busboys and Poets, Washington D.C.
- Sunday June 14: House Book Party, Great Barrington, MA.
- Wednesday June 17: House Book Party, NYC, Spotlight on MADRE.org.
- Saturday September 12, 10:30am – 2pm: Workshop (10:30am) and Reading (1pm) at Writers and Books, Rochester.
- Saturday September 26: Los Angeles House Book Party.
- Tuesday September 29, 6-8pm: Corrales Community Library, Albuquerque, NM.
- October: Reading and Signing, New Orleans (Date TBC).